Did you know?
You can fulfill major, minor, general education and elective requirements abroad.
Read more »
Students are encouraged to apply to any of the numerous scholarships VCU offers for studying abroad.
The Education Abroad office is excited to award at total of $100,000 in scholarship funds for the 2013-2014 cycle with most awards ranging between $500 and $2500. Complete applications must be received by the Education Abroad office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 14, 2013. Please allow a minimum of two weeks to complete the scholarship application process. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
You must meet all of the following criteria:
- Study abroad in winter 2013, spring break 2013, summer 2013 OR in academic year 2013-2014
- Have at least a 2.75 GPA (cumulative)
- Be willing to fulfill the scholarship commitment within 10 months after your return to the US
- Demonstrate financial need (FASFA is not required)
If you receive a scholarship you are obligated to fulfill the following commitments:
- Submit a multi-media project within 30 days of returning to the US, evaluating your experience from a personal, academic, and professional development perspective.
- Contribute 1 hour of service for every $100 you receive (up to a maximum of 10 hours). You must participate in activities that will serve the Education Abroad office.
European Heritage Institute scholarship for VCU students
Various scholarships have been generously made available to VCU students who wish to study abroad in Italy through the European Heritage Institute.
For more information, contact EHI at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 643-0661.
VCU will nominate one student for a full-tuition scholarship plus travel allowance to participate in summer study in one of the following locations and course options:
- International Shakespeare Globe Centre: Teaching Shakespeare through performance institute
- The University of Oxford: English literature
- The University of Oxford: History, politics and society
- Scottish Universities International Summer School: Text and context: British literature from 1900 to present
The nominee must be a Virginia resident completing their junior year, between the ages of 18 and 23. The application must be completed in early January.
Other scholarships are provided to VCU students from various university schools and departments.
- School of the Arts: Dean’s International Study Grant, Dean’s Office
- School of Business: Robertson’s Scholarship for Study in France, Advising Office
- School of World Studies: Various scholarships for majors and minors
- Women's Studies International Experience: Women's Studies students with demonstrated financial need