Students are encouraged to apply to any of the numerous scholarships VCU offers for studying abroad.
Randi Buerlein Scholarship
The Randi Buerlein Service-Learning Scholarship at Virginia Commonwealth University was established in 2013 upon the retirement of Ms. Randi Buerlein in honor of her commitment to international service-learning. Ms. Buerlein directed education abroad programs to the Dominican Republic and Ghana during her tenure as a faculty member in the School of Social Work. This scholarship is designed to support VCU students who intend to participate in service-learning projects abroad.
Eligible students will meet the following criteria:
• Have at least a 2.75 GPA (cumulative)
• Participate in a service-learning program abroad
Access the Randi Buerlein Scholarship
Presidential International Education Award
• Have at least a 2.5 GPA (cumulative)
• Must be a degree-seeking undergraduate
• Participate in an approved program abroad
• Register the academic program with VCU Education Abroad prior to departure
Have at least a 2.0 GPA (cumulative).
Participate in an approved credit-bearing program abroad.
Register the academic program with VCU Education Abroad prior to departure.
Other scholarships are provided to VCU students from various university schools and departments. Please review the full list of scholarships for more information.
- College of Humanities and Sciences: Various scholarships for students in the College of Humanities and Sciences
- School of the Arts: Dean’s International Study Grant, Dean’s Office
- School of Business: Robertson’s Scholarship for Study in France, Advising Office
- School of World Studies: Various scholarships for majors and minors
- Women's Studies International Experience: Women's Studies students with demonstrated financial need