Benefts and Outcomes of the Advising Process
As a result of the advising process, students will:
- Produce, and update as needed, a coherent educational plan based on a collaborative assessment of abilities, aspirations, interests, and values.
- Demonstrate independence and responsibility in meeting academic program requirements.
- Demonstrate improved communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate experience in locating and effectively using complex information from various sources to set goals, reach decisions, and achieve those goals.
- Demonstrate the inclusion of experiences outside of the classroom in the educational plan.
Successful completion of the advising outcomes above will be assessed via:
- A portfolio of advisor and student generated materials, including a series of updated curriculum plans and advisor's notes
- An advisee intake survey, including written self-assessment
- An advisee exit survey, including written self-assessment
- An annual faculty survey
- Annual review of international graduates' graduation worksheets